Thursday, November 1, 2018

You only fail when you quit.

Spirituality is defined by our OT Framework as, “The aspect of humanity that refers to the way individuals seek and express meaning and purpose and the way they experience their connectedness to the moment, to self, to others, to nature, and to the significant or sacred”

In my occupation-centered practice in mental health course, we were instructed to reflect on our own spirituality & create a stand-alone display for others to view. I chose to center it around my journey in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. From day 1, I always felt (& still feel more times than not) defeated. But this sport has taught me important skills and surfaced certain characteristics to use not only on the mats, but in my everyday life: Patience, commitment, persistence, determination, respect, hard work & humbleness. All of which I hope are evident in my actions every day as well as in the future while working with my patients. 

Placed chronologically, this displays the outcome when you don’t quit. I could go on & on about all the underlying meanings this project had for me, but in 6 words, I can pretty much sum it up: You only fail when you quit.


No comments:

Post a Comment